27 Jun 2009 |
1,108 unique views
This shot was take at a local studio group shoot event.
I'm not a fan of group shoot at studios for a few reasons:-
Click to mail me
- Other photographers will have similar pictures
- The clothes will be the same, sets will be the same and similar poses
- Your can keep them exclusive as you have no idea what the other photographers will do with their pictures
- If you do have an idea, the next photographer may get the model to do a similar thing
- The lighting set up will be the same for everyone
- I'm sure there are many more reasons
This shoot was a little bit different, I'd seen the model previously (not in person) and was keen to do a shoot with her. The studio had a new set I was keen to see. Finely you, do get some new pictures for your portfolio. Also unless the other photographers get a signed model release, they can't really do that much commercially with the pictures. The main shoot with this group shot was a new victorian bath set. I'm keeping these shots until they are all processed, I'll also be sending them out to a few magazines/agencies that I use first. This means I may not post the shots until they are published. Here is one from a bed set (which I'm not sending off) while we were waiting for the bath to fill with water. The model is Charley. She was very good and I'd recommend her to anyone wishing to build their portfolio.
Tech-info:- Canon 1d mk111, 24-70, f5.6 1/125 ISO 100. 1 soft box camera left.
||Canon EOS-1D Mark III|
Walking along th...
© all rights reserved. photographs, images and content are copyright of natjag